Hydroponics is an advanced technology in Agriculture which makes agriculture possible everywhere! Adopting the technology of Hydroponics results low water consumption, high productivity, low expenses and more growth in lesser space. Hydroponics is the method of growing plants without soil. The term hydroponics came from two Latin words “Hydro” means water and “Ponos” means work or labour. In this hydroponics the plants will be cultivated by nutrient water have minerals and vitamins in it. As the population of our planet soars and arable land available for crop production declines, hydroponics will offer us a lifeline of sorts and allow us to produce crops in greenhouses or in multilevel buildings dedicated to agriculture. Already, where the cost of land is at a premium, crops are being produced underground, on rooftops and in greenhouses using hydroponic methods.
Just look at some advantages with this Hydroponics.
- There was no soil is needed for hydroponics to grow plants.
- A lower water requirement, the water stays in the system and can be reused so the water requirement is low.
- A lower nutrition requirement, it is possible to control the nutrition levels in their entirety.
- Because of the controlled system there was no nutrition pollution is released into the environment.
- It’s very stable and high in yields.
- Because of the container’s mobility pests and diseases are easier to get rid of than in soil.
- Harvesting is very easy.
- There was no pesticide damage will happen.